This authoritative, forward-looking resource provides evidence to help transform academic library information literacy instruction.ISBN: 9781856046695
While librarians have always played a significant part in furthering information literacy in higher education, there is a shortage of research-led evidence-based guidance for planning information literacy instruction. Editors Sheila Corrall and Pamela McKinney, along with their team of expert contributors, address that need by drawing on research-based evidence to present new insight on key strategic, pedagogical, and developmental approaches to information literacy.
Information Literacy Through Enquiry offers a broad range of perspectives on key topics including:
• Institutional information literacy strategies and frameworks
• Institutional catalysts for change and enactment
• Embedding information literacy in courses
• Mentoring for information
• Information literacy networks
• Information literacy scholarship
The book also pays particular attention to the student viewpoint and includes real-life examples to better illustrate important concepts and help you put them into practice.